Cut out some templates using lite-ply of the wing root spars (WSP1,2,3 on plan) and test fit the first wing formers to them. There’s some work to do on them as i start adding the the next 3-4 wing spars, but first fit they are pretty close. A little bit of fettling to get them to mate up to the fuselage and then once i’m happy i can cut the production pieces in 1/8″ ply. While on the subject of wings i also started to build up the left hand wing structure, have about half of the formers cut and in place ready to be glued onto the spars. I’ve a few more to template and cut to get to the same point as the right hand wing. As well as the wing root formers which are all in 1/8″ ply. These are taking a little while to complete as i’m having to cut the slots with the trusty chisel.
In between the wing work i’ve been researching building a small vac-forming set-up. As i’m going to have to build the nosecone, belly turret and top turret. It seems that some vac-formed pieces would be the way to go. Also spent some time researching how to build a home CNC/Laser cutting setup as well. I feel this will give me far more accurate pieces than using the skill saw. Theres some great designs i found on Openbuilds website. it doesn’t look to difficult to build.
Well, hoping to progress with the wing root templates this week. thers a lot of other jobs that can then be completed once this is done and t ewings are attached.